The Study of Last Things
by James T. Bartsch
Learning about the Future to Live Better Today
"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also!" John 14:3
Looking at Rapture Passages
Jesus' Promise. John 14:1-6
Talking to His close followers, Jesus compared his soon departure and activity to that of a bridegroom speaking to his fiancée.
In His Father’s house were many dwelling places (John 14:2). (In that day a bridegroom built a home for himself and his bride-to-be in his father’s house.)
He was leaving this earth to go prepare a place for His followers (and Him) to live (John 14:2).
If He goes to prepare a place for them, they can be sure He will return to earth and retrieve them to go be with Him in His Father’s house (John 14:3).
His purpose is that, wherever He is, they may be there with Him (John 14:3).
Thomas did not know the way to the Father’s house (John 14:5).
Jesus made His famous statement, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6).”
(1) There are no signs or events that must be fulfilled before Jesus’ return for His Bride can take place. It could happen at any time!
(2) Jesus is presently preparing a place in His Father’s House for His Bride, the Church (John 14:3).
(3) I believe the place Jesus is preparing for us who trust in Him is New Jerusalem, described in Rev. 21:1-22:5.
(4) The next event in God’s prophetic calendar is Jesus’ return for His Bride. We call this event the Rapture.
(5) Jesus is the only way to get to the Father’s House (John 14:6). I hope you have placed your trust and confidence completely in Him! There is no other way to get there!
(Scripture quotation taken from the NASB 1995.)
Background and Button Image Credit
Updated March 18, 2021