Each of the
consists not only of an Analytical Outline, but
also the Scripture Text, which is incorporated into each Psalm.
choice is the New American Standard Bible. Scripture quotations are taken
Used by Permission.
heavens are telling of the glory of God;
expanse is declaring the work of His hands."
Left-click a Psalm to view it on line. Right-click and select
"Save Target As" to download to a destination on your computer such as
For an explanation of outlining
method, see "Outline Style" on
Note: As of October
25, 2010, Available Psalms include 1-150.
Book 1: Psalms 1-41
- Psalm 1
- The Two Ways: The Way of the Righteous and the Way of the
- Psalm 2
- "Yahweh's Installation of His Anointed King on Zion to
Vanquish the Revolt of the Nations"
- Psalm 3
- "Betrayal: A Prayer to God During a Crisis of Rebellion and
Betrayal Within the Family"
- Psalm 4
- "Faith Amid Opposition!"
- Psalm 5
- "A Plea for Help Because of Enemies"
- Psalm 6
- "David's Plea for Relief from the Anguish of Enemy Attacks"
- Psalm 7
- "A Prayer for Deliverance From and Vindication Concerning Enemies"
- Psalm 8
- "Praise to Yahweh, Who Crowned Mere Man King of the Earth"
- Psalm 9
- "Praise and Pleas for the Destruction by Yahweh, Just Judge, of
David's Wicked Enemies"
- Psalm 10
- "Distress at the Marauding Evil of the Wicked; Prayer of Faith That
King Yahweh Will Protect the Persecuted and Destroy the Wicked"
- Psalm 11
- "An Affirmation of Trust in Yahweh as the Only Viable Refuge for the
Righteous and the Scourge of the Wicked"
- Psalm 12
- "A Prayer to Yahweh for Preservation from the Dishonest, Abusive
- Psalm 13
- "David's Mournful Plea to Yahweh for Victory Over His Enemies"
- Psalm 14
- "A Plea for the Salvation of Israel from Corrupt Humanity"
- Psalm 15
- "The Blameless Lifestyle of The One Qualified for Fellowship
- Psalm 16
- "David's Reliance Upon Yahweh in Life and in Death"
- Psalm 17
- "A Plea for Just Deliverance from Enemies"
- Psalm 18
- "Praise to Yahweh for Deliverance from Enemies"
- Psalm 19
- "The Glory and Perfection of God's Word"
- Psalm 20
- "Prayer for the King Going into Battle"
- Psalm 21
- "Thanks for Blessings; Anticipation of Future Military Success"
- Psalm 22
- "The Suffering and Praise of the Anointed King" (Typifying Christ,
the Good Shepherd)
- Psalm 23
- "Yahweh, the Great Shepherd" (Typifying Christ, the Great Shepherd)
- Psalm 24
- "The Worship of Creator God, King of Israel" (Typifying Christ, the
- Psalm 25
- "David's Request for Preservation Based on the Goodness of Yahweh"
- Psalm 26
- "David's Plea for Vindication and Mercy Based on His Integrity"
- Psalm 27
- "David's Confidence in and Dependence upon Yahweh, with Whom He
Fellowships in the Sanctuary"
- Psalm 28
- "David's Prayer for Judgment upon the Wicked; His Grateful Request
for Blessing upon the Nation"
- Psalm 29
- "Praising Yahweh's Sovereign Power in a Storm!"
- Psalm 30
- "David's Dedicatory Song of Praise for Yahweh's Merciful Deliverance
- Psalm 31
- "David's Desperate Desire for Divine Deliverance from His Dire
- Psalm 32
- "The Blessed Relief From Forgiveness"
- Psalm 33
- "Praise Psalm!"
- Psalm 34
- "Praise Because it Pays to Ask God for Help!"
- Psalm 35
- "David's Plea for the Demise of and Relief from His Adversaries"
- Psalm 36
- "David's Prayer for Yahweh, in Loyal Love, to Protect the Upright
from the Wicked"
- Psalm 37
- "David's Counsel to the Righteous to Trust in Yahweh, Not Worry about
the Apparent Success of the Wicked"
- Psalm 38
- "David's Anguished Reliance upon Yahweh Because of Discipline for His
- Psalm 39
- "David's Plaintive Request for Yahweh to Remove His Discipline for
His Sins before He Dies"
- Psalm 40
- "David's Praise of and Pleas to Yahweh, the Deliverer"
- Psalm 41
- "David's Instructive Prayer for Forgiveness, Healing, and Deliverance
from His Enemies"
2: Psalms 42 - 72
- Psalm 42
- "The Yearning of the Exiled, Despairing Soul for Fellowship in God's
- Psalm 43
- "The Psalmist's Plea to Rescue Him from Exile and Take Him to
Jerusalem to Worship"
(Psalm 42 and Psalm 43 are one
psalm in the Hebrew text, although the numbering system remains the
- Psalm 44
- "A Plea for God to Reinstate His Past Assistance of Israel"
- Psalm 45
- "Praise to the King at His Wedding" (An historical psalm typifying
the upcoming marriage
of the ultimate Davidic
King Jesus to His bride, the Church)
- Psalm 46
- "Praise to God for His Protection of Israel During Chaos and Assault!"
- Psalm 47
- "Praise to Yahweh, Enthroned Messiah, Who Rules All Nations" [This is
an Enthronement Psalm.]
- Psalm 48
- "Israel's Worship of Yahweh Elohim as the Eternal Guardian of
Beautiful Zion, His City!"
- Psalm 49
- "A Proverb on the Demise of the Wealthy Wicked and the Resurrection
of the Righteous Poor"
- Psalm 50
- "God's Conviction of Israel for Formalism in Worship and Hypocrisy in
- Psalm 51
- "A Prayer for Cleansing"
- Psalm 52
- "The Consolation of the Righteous at God's Judgment of the Powerful
- Psalm 53
- The Eventual Triumph of Israel over Depraved, Antagonistic Humanity"
- Psalm 54
- "David's Confident Prayer for Deliverance from His Foes"
- Psalm 55
- "David's Plea to God for Deliverance from Enemies and Betrayal"
- Psalm 56
- "David's Emotional Call Upon God in Time of Grave Danger"
- Psalm 57
- "David's Plea for Deliverance from His Enemies; His Resolve to Praise
- Psalm 58
- "David's Prayer for Vengeance Upon Evil Rulers"
- Psalm 59
- "Plea and Praise for Deliverance from Foes"
- Psalm 60
- "A Desperate Plea for Victory over Edom"
- Psalm 61
- "Royal Plea and Gratitude for Deliverance"
- Psalm 62
- "Exhortation to Trust in Elohim Based on Personal Example"
- Psalm 63
- "Search for God in the Desert Yielding Praise and Hope"
- Psalm 64
- "David's Plea for Protection from Enemy Conspiracies; His Assurance
Elohim Would Turn Their Plots Against Them"
- Psalm 65
- "Praise for Elohim's Power in Salvation and Creation"
- Psalm 66
- "A Call to the Nations to Worship Elohim"
- Psalm 67
- "A Prayer That All Nations May Joyfully Bless Elohim Because of His
Blessing of Israel and His Fair Judgment and Guidance of All Nations"
- Psalm 68
- "In Praise of God's Past Victories on Israel's Behalf as a Guarantee
of His Establishment of His Victorious Residence on the Temple Mount
Worshipfully Acknowledged by All Peoples!"
- Psalm 69
- "David's Cry for Vindication and Deliverance in View of Adversaries
Who Mistreat Him for His Zeal for God"
- Psalm 70
- "David's Plea for Deliverance, Doom, and Devotion"
- Psalm 71
- "A Plea for Protection and a Vow of Praise"
- Psalm 72
- "A Prayer for the Spiritual, Political , Economic, and Agricultural
Success of the King's Universal Reign"
3 - Psalms 73 - 89
- Psalm 73
- "The Easy, Enviable Life of the Wicked Contrasted with the Destiny of
the Wicked and the Righteous"
- Psalm 74
- "A Lament over God's Rejection of Israel and a Plea for Him to
Remember and Act" (see also Psalm 79)
- Psalm 75
- "Praise of Elohim for His Judgment of the Arrogant Wicked and His
Elevation of the Righteous"
- Psalm 76
- "Elohim, Resident of Zion, and Angry Defender of Israel and of the
Humble of the Earth, is to be Feared by Israeli and Gentile Alike, for
He Comes to Judge"
- Psalm 77
- "Asaph's Despair over God's Present Rejection of Israel Tempered by
His Rehearsal of God's Past Redemption"
- Psalm 78
- "God's Gracious Leading of Israel Despite Her Rebellion"
- Psalm 79
- "Lament and Plea Concerning the Destruction of Jerusalem" (see also Psalm 74)
- Psalm 80
- "A Plea to the Shepherd of Israel to Resume His Protection of Israel,
- Psalm 81
- "A Festive Encouragement of Israel to Obey God"
- Psalm 82
- "Elohim's Judgment of Earth's Judges"
- Psalm 83
- "A Plea for Judgment upon the Multi-National Conspiracy against God
and His People, Israel"
- Psalm 83 -
An Audio Visual Representation of Psalm 83.
"A Prayer for Israel" created by A Christian Witness
- Psalm 84
- "Passion for, Pilgrimage to, and Prayer in the House of God"
- Psalm 85
- "Acknowledgment of God's Past Favor, Agony over His Present Anger,
Anticipation of Future Salvation, Righteousness, and Bounty"
- Psalm 86
- "David's Plea to Sovereign Yahweh Elohim Adonai to Continue to Rescue
Him from His Enemies"
- Psalm 87
- "In Praise of Yahweh's Granting 'Born in Zion, His Favorite City
Status' to Multitudes of Gentiles!"
- Psalm 88
- "A Psalm of Distress and Despondency"
- Psalm 89
- "A Plaintive Plea for God to Keep His Covenant with David"
4: Psalms 90 - 106
- Psalm 90
- "A Plea for Eternal God's Blessing upon our Short Lives!"
- Psalm 91
- "The Security and Protection of Trusting in God"
- Psalm 92
- "In Praise of Yahweh for His Triumph over His Enemies and His Care
for the Righteous"
With the exception of Psalm 94,
Psalms 93-99 are Enthronement Psalms.
So also is Psalm 47.
Enthronement psalms celebrate God reigning as the greatest
Eschatologically, they anticipate the return
of Jesus Christ to reign over the earth.
- Psalm 93
- "The Superiority of Yahweh's Reign"
- Psalm 94
- "A Plea and Assurance That Yahweh Will Eventually Avenge His
- Psalm 95
- "A Call to Worship God, the Great King, Not Doubt Him"
- Psalm 96
- "All Peoples Commanded to Praise God Because He Is Coming to Set the
- Psalm 97
- "The Reactions of Joy and Fear to the Reign of Yahweh, King of the
- Psalm 98
- "The Call to All the Earth to Praise King Yahweh, Israel's Savior,
for He Is Coming to Judge the Earth!"
- Psalm 99
- "The Call to Worship Yahweh for His Reign over Israel and
- Psalm 100
- "A Procession to the Temple, Calling for Universal, Joyful Praise to
Yahweh for His Faithful, Loyal Love to His People"
- Psalm 101
- "David's Pursuit of Righteousness in His Own Life and in His Kingdom"
- Psalm 102
- "A Prayer of the Afflicted, Reassuring Himself in Yahweh's Eternal
Compassion for Zion"
- Psalm 103
- "David's Call to Bless Yahweh for His Eternal Loyal Love and
- Psalm 104
- "In Praise of Yahweh's Sovereignty over His Created Earth, Ultimately
- Psalm 105
- "Praise to Yahweh for Delivering Israel from Egypt into the Promised
- Psalm 106
- "Confession of National Sin and Plea for Regathering of the
5: Psalms 107 - 150
- Psalm 107
- "Thanks to Yahweh for His Loyal Love and Wonders"
- Psalm 108
- "Praise of Elohim Yahweh and Plea for Israel's Deliverance"
- Psalm 109
- "David's Imprecations Against His Adversaries"
- Psalm 110
- "The Anticipation of Messiah's Reign from Zion as King, Priest, and
- Psalm 111
- "Wisdom Subsists in Praising God's Works and His Character"
- Psalm 112
- "The Blessedness of the Man Who Fears Yahweh"
- Psalm 113
- "The Call to Praise Yahweh Because He is Great and Good"
- Psalm 114
- "The Exodus Miracles of the God of Jacob"
- Psalm 115
- "The Call to Israel to Trust in Yahweh, Her Supreme God of Glory"
- Psalm 116
- "Gratitude to Yahweh for the Blessings of His Salvation"
"A Universal Call to Praise Yahweh"
- Psalm 118 -
Praise to Yahweh En Route to and Within the Temple"
119 - "An
Acrostic of God's Word"
of these psalms contains the title "A Song of Ascent." They are to be
sung by pilgrims ascending to Zion to worship Yahweh in His Sanctuary
"The Psalmist's Lament over Deceitful Warmongers"
"The Pilgrims' Praise of Yahweh, Protector of Israel"
122 - "A
Joyful, Heartfelt Prayer for Jerusalem"
"Dependence on Yahweh Elohim Because of Scornful Neighbors"
"Israel's Praise to Yahweh for Intervention against the Assaults of
"Assurance of Deliverance from the Evil Inherent in Foreign
"Exuberant Acknowledgment of the Return of Israel to Her Promised Land"
"The Importance of Living Life in Dependence upon Yahweh"
"The Blessings of Those Who Fear Yahweh!"
"Israel's Acknowledgment of Yahweh's Deliverance from Haters of Zion"
130 - "Cry for Clemency; Repose in Redemption"
131 - "A Call for Child-Like Trust in Yahweh"
132 - "Yahweh's Revelation, in Response to Prayer, of His
Choice to Reside in Zion, Blessing It Through His Davidic Messiah"
133 - "The Beauty of Israeli Unity Experienced at National
134 - "Reciprocal Benedictory Festival Blessings"
135 - "A Call to All Israel to Praise and Bless Yahweh, the
136 - "A Call to Thank Yahweh, Supreme God, for Demonstrating
His Eternal, Loyal Love"
- "Zion's Exiles Weep in Babylon; The Psalmist Vows to Remember
Jerusalem and Calls for Terrible, Divine Justice on Zion's Enemies"
138 - "International Gratitude to Yahweh for His Ways and His
139 - "Man's Response to the Infinity of Yahweh Elohim"
140 - "David's Prayer for Protection from and Judgment upon
141 - "A Plea for Protection from the Wicked"
142 - "A Cry to Yahweh in the Cave"
143 - "David's Prayer for Yahweh's Merciful, Instructive
Deliverance from Enemy Oppression"
144 - "A Prayer of David for Divine Enablement and Protection
in Battle, Accompanied by Divine Blessing upon Israel"
145 - "The Universal, Eternal Praise of Yahweh"
146-150: Hallelujah Psalms.
Each of these psalms begins and ends with the Imperative "Hallelu -
Yah!" (Praise Yah!)
146 - "Praise to Yahweh Elohim for His Support of the
Afflicted and the Down-Trodden"
147 - "Praise to Yahweh for His Restoration of, Provision
for, and Revelation to Israel"
148 - "Let all Creation in the Heavens and Earth Praise
149 - "Israel Urged to Praise Yahweh, Her Creator-King, for
Using Her in Holy War to Judge Rebellious Nations"
- Psalm 150 - "Concluding Commands to All
Everywhere to Praise Yahweh!"
Royal Psalms are so designated
because their theme is the supreme King. Royal Psalms include Pss. 2, 18,
C. Ryrie, Ryrie
Study Bible, note on Psalm 2).